
This week's topic dealt with the close analysis of the way in which we inevitably fuse art and space. I thought that the combination of these two is something that we don't automatically think about because the galaxies, planets, and milky ways are just not something we see everyday as it is not something accessible. However, space itself is something that can be artistic just because of the way that it has been designed.
Zoltan Levay is an artist that shows the way in which space images can be distorted enough to create a more artistic image. He shares the raw image below:

He then begins to adjust the pixels and their brightness. The effect of doing this are the images below:

The final product becomes the final image below:

I thought that this was a very interesting individual to become aware of because the final image is one that I have seen many times, but never could have imagined of the process is took to achieve it. This is the beauty of bringing two concepts such as art and space together.
http://ideas.ted.com/gallery-the-art-and-science-of-space-photography/
Great post Karla! I like the artist and pictures you chose. This was a great way to show the fusion of space and art!
ReplyDelete